SIX-WEEK BEGINNERS YOGA COURSEYoga foundations for a safe and sustainable practice
Next course starts Wednesday 17th October
FIRST 10 REGISTRATIONS RECEIVE A 20% DISCOUNT
The next 5 registrations after that receive a 10% discount. GET IN QUICK!
Have you been meaning to start yoga for months now? Perhaps even years? This six-week beginners yoga course is the perfect introduction for people new yogis or those looking for a refresher in setting up a safe, sustainable and inspiring practice.
Establish a steady practice routine and experience consistent progress as you build on your bodies strength, flexibility and general wellbeing through the practice of yoga postures. Discover breathing and meditation techniques to deepen your focus, build emotional resilience and feel more steady, connected and calm.
This course will cover the following:
- The common postures, sequences and breathing techniques of hatha yoga.
- Basic principles of alignment that will guide you confidently in all postures and keep your practice safe and sustainable and your joints happy for years to come!
- How to engage your muscles without creating tension in your body
- How to stretch your muscles safely, whilst looking after common areas of injury in the body
- The ways that yoga is so much more than just a physical practice and why this is important to your life
- How to increase or decrease the intensity of your practice according to your specific needs
- The basics of meditation practice and tools for focusing your mind in class and daily life
Date: Wednesday 17th October 2018
Time: 7:30pm – 9pm
Venue: Yoga Vidya, 45 Wentworth Street Port Kembla
Investment: $135 per person (standard price). The first 10 registrations receive a 20% discount and the next 5 registrations receive a 10% discount.
Teachers: Kelly Ryan
Please note: We have noticed our system has trouble with some browsers. The booking software is better suited to Chrome over safari if you are able to make a choice. If you have any trouble please email email@example.com and we can register you manually.
You can expect to leave feeling:
- Like you have a good idea of what to expect in an average yoga class – like the postures are both ACCESSIBLE and FAMILIAR to you.
- STRONGER in your body yet with less tension
- CONFIDENT in modifying to suit any specific injuries or health conditions you might have.
- An increased sense of EASE within your body and your mind.
- More PRESENT, CALM and CENTRED in your every day life
- More able to consciously RELAX your body and mind to access a deeper sense of rest for better SLEEP at night.
This six-week course is the perfect way to establish a consistent practice and start to see the incredible benefits that regular yoga practice can bring into your life.
Most people discover their energy increases, their sleep improves and they feel clearer in mind and more free in their body! Give yourself the gift of yoga in 2018!
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Kelly practices and teaches yoga for the seemingly magic way it manages to align her with a fuller, richer and more vibrant way of being in the world. Through a dynamic hatha yoga practice, as well as meditation, mantra & pranayama – she aims to help her students feel more aligned with their own sense of potency and purpose.
Kelly is hatha and vinyasa trained, has been practicing yoga regularly for over 14 years, teaching for 6 and studied with inspirational teachers both locally and oversees. Her teachers have included Nicole Walsh of InYoga and Noah Maze and she passionately teaches alignment based hatha through the tantric lineage.