FOUR-WEEK BEGINNERS YOGA COURSELearn the basics and build confidence through the repetition and consistency of a four-week beginners cycle.
FLEXIBLE ATTENDANCE | UNLIMITED ACCESS | START ANYTIME
A four week beginners yoga course that builds your confidence, strength and flexibility in the foundational postures and sequences of hatha yoga. Perfect for people new yoga or those looking for a refresher in setting up a safe, sustainable and inspiring practice.
Establish a steady practice routine and experience consistent progress as you cycle through this four week course – each week covering a different part of the body and set of postures. Over the 28 days of practice your body will start to feel stronger, more open, flexible and you will experience a greater sense of wellbeing. Discover breathing and meditation techniques to deepen your focus, build emotional resilience and feel more steady, connected and calm.
This course will cover the following:
- The common postures, sequences and breathing techniques of hatha yoga.
- Basic principles of alignment that will guide you confidently in all postures and keep your practice safe and sustainable and your joints happy for years to come!
- How to engage your muscles without creating tension in your body
- How to stretch your muscles safely, whilst looking after common areas of injury in the body
- The ways that yoga is so much more than just a physical practice and why this is important to your life
- How to increase or decrease the intensity of your practice according to your specific needs
- The basics of meditation practice and tools for focusing your mind in class and daily life
START ANYTIME: The basics classes move in four week cycles. Your four weeks starts at the time of registration and by the time you have finished you will have attended all four weeks of the course.
Venue: Yoga Vidya, 45 Wentworth Street Port Kembla
Investment: $89 per person
Attendance: Four beginners classes on the timetable. Attend as many per week as you like.
ATTEND THE FOLLOWING CLASSES
Monday evenings | 7:30pm – 8:30pm | Hatha Basics
Tuesday evenings | 5:45pm – 7:15pm | Yin Yoga
Wednesday evenings | 6pm – 7pm | Hatha Basics
Thursday mornings | 10am – 11am | Hatha Basics
First Friday of each month | 6pm – 7pm | Yoga Nidra (Completely guided meditation)
Expect to experience the following:
- The postures are both ACCESSIBLE and FAMILIAR to you.
- STRONGER in your body yet with less tension
- CONFIDENT in modifying to suit any specific injuries or health conditions you might have.
- An increased sense of EASE within your body and your mind.
- More PRESENT, CALM and CENTRED in your every day life
- More able to consciously RELAX your body and mind to access a deeper sense of rest for better SLEEP at night.
This four-week course is the perfect way to establish a consistent practice and start to see the incredible benefits that regular yoga practice can bring into your life. Unlike many beginners courses that only run once a week – we give you unlimited access to the beginners classes. Attend as many classes per week as you can and develop healthy habits of consistency, commitment and regularity and FEEL the difference in body, mind and spirit.
Most people discover their energy increases, their sleep improves and they feel clearer in mind and more free in their body! This is just the beginning!
Got any questions about the course?
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Kelly practices and teaches yoga for the seemingly magic way it manages to align her with a fuller, richer and more vibrant way of being in the world. Through a dynamic hatha yoga practice, as well as meditation, mantra & pranayama – she aims to help her students feel more aligned with their own sense of potency and purpose.
Kelly is hatha and vinyasa trained, has been practicing yoga regularly for over 14 years, teaching for 6 and studied with inspirational teachers both locally and oversees. Her teachers have included Nicole Walsh of InYoga and Noah Maze and she passionately teaches alignment based hatha through the tantric lineage.