Alignment | grace | Beauty | Individual Expression
The Anusara method is a highly intelligent system of alignment that can be applied to any pose for safe and therapeutic alignment founded by John Friend. It’s inspiring, heart-centred, anatomically sound and an incredible addition to any teachers skillset.
This teaching methodology forms the strong foundation of alignment that we teach beginners in our Hatha Basics classes at the studio and gives students the experience of both strength and freedom in their body.
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT THIS METHOD:
- Once you understand the principals they can be applied to any pose
- The cues are intelligent in regards to demonstrate a refined understanding of sound anatomical / biomechanical principals without being too heady or technical sounding. For example I love some systems of alignment but often they bring me into my head rather than keep me in my body.
- They feel grounded in the body whilst simultaneously energetic in nature
- Students (and teachers) often find that injuries or niggles that yoga has been bringing up are alleviated when they apply the principals.
- They do not try to force people into a “perfect” version of a pose but rather help students understand how they can arrive at their perfect expression.
- Prioritise the balance of strength and softness as well as the beauty of the heart centred teachings of tantra
Sunday 7th February 2021
9:30am – 4:30pm (with one hour lunch break)
$149 per person
Yoga Vidya, 45 Wentworth Street Port Kembla
In this one day workshop we will cover the follow:
- An introduction to the essential elements of an Anusara class as well as the philosophical foundation of the method.
- An introduction to the “3 A’s” of Anusara, the Universal Principals of Alignment (UPA’s) and the idea of the optimal blueprint
- A basic understanding of the energetic loops of Anusara Yoga
- Practical teaching methods for integrating the UPA’s & energetic loops into your classes in all of the major pose groupings
- A very basic introduction to the ideas of Anusara theming and language and how to effectively integrate them into your classes.
ABOUT Your Teacher
Kelly has been practicing yoga for almost 20 years. She discovered Anusara yoga in 2009 and has been an avid student of the method ever since. She started her immersive training with Anusara before she had even completed her first yoga teacher training. She completed her first vinyasa training in 2011 and since then has studied with a number of senior teachers of the Anusara School of Hatha Yoga such as Noah Maze, Christina Sell and Tara Judelle. Her main teacher and mentor in this system these days is Cassandra Missio of Earth & Sky Yoga in Marrickville.
Through the Tantric underpinning of the Anusara school she discovered Christopher “Hareesh” Walliss over ten years ago and has been a student of his ever since. She also now studies under Yogarupa Rod Stryker, in the Sri Vidya Tradition – deepening her skills into the energetics of the practice and how to apply a more holistic therapeutic method for all areas of our lives.