NEW YEARS AFTERNOON RETREATAn afternoon of yoga, intention setting, meditation and all things self-care to set the tone for flourishing in 2019
Sunday 6th January 2019
SET THE TONE FOR 2019 WITH A DELICIOUSLY NURTURING AFTERNOON RETREAT
Hatha Yoga, Discussion, Intention Setting, Restorative Yoga and Meditation
Whilst so many of you usually enjoy our signature morning intensive to welcome the New Year, the way the dates fall (and child care required for a certain 3 year old) mean this year we are doing things a little differently. Isn’t it nice to mix things up a bit?
You are invited to an afternoon of playful energising asana, nourishing self-care practices, potent intention setting, light snacks and deep meditation in order to get clear on and set the tone for the year ahead. Use this afternoon as a way to wind down from the holiday mayhem and slide sweetly into the new year!
This workshop is suitable for all levels but please ensure you let Kelly know if you have any injuries, physical limitations or relevant health conditions. You will need to bring a pen and a journal. All other items are supplied however if you prefer your own mat and meditation props please feel free to bring. Please ensure you don’t eat to close to the start time (a light lunch at 10:30/11am would be perfect). Light refreshments will be provided mid afternoon.
Date: Sunday 6th January 2019
Time: 12pm – 5pm
Venue: Yoga Vidya, 45 Wentworth Street Port Kembla
Investment: $65 early-bird and $80 full price. Early bird ends the 2nd January.
Teacher: Kelly Ryan
- An introduction to the 3 A’s of Anusara Yoga and how they can help you set your practice and your year up for success.
- A dynamic and playful asana practice to help get the prana flowing and dust out any areas of stagnation and heaviness (you know, in the event you may have over indulged over the Christmas period). Expect dynamic and accessible postures, group work, laughs and a feeling of light-hearted joy and self-empowerment.
- Journalling exercises to get clear on setting your direction for the year ahead.
- An essential toolkit of practices & philosophy from the yoga tradition (specifically the non-dual Shaiva tradition, sometimes referred to as Kashmir Shaivism).
- Restorative yoga session (slow postures with the help of props, held for longer periods of time than a standard yoga class). This is an incredibly restorative and nurturing practice (hence the name)
- Light refreshments
- Pranayama and Meditation to finish.
- Take home notes and meditation practice mp3’s.
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Kelly practices and teaches yoga for the seemingly magic way it manages to align her with a fuller, richer and more vibrant way of being in the world. Through a dynamic hatha yoga practice, as well as meditation, mantra & pranayama – she aims to help her students feel more aligned with their own sense of potency and purpose.
Kelly is trained in both vinyasa and alignment based hatha and has been practicing yoga regularly for over 14 years, teaching for 7 and studied with inspirational teachers both locally and oversees. She has been largely influenced by Anusara yoga method and is currently completing her Anusara teacher training with Senior Teacher Cassandra Missio of Earth and Sky Yoga Studio in Marrickville. She is a passionate student and teacher and aims to empower and uplift her students through sharing these powerful practices handed down through many inspiring lineages and teachers.